Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flamenco Beauty

This week, we are in Arcos de la Frontera while Sean attends an artist's workshop at the Bravura Academy. We are all having such a wonderful time, and the workshop has exceeded all of Sean's expectations. Micaiah Hardison has orchestrated an exceptional week of portrait and figure plein air painting of Spanish themed models and breathtaking landscapes.

The above painting (right) is by Jeff Watts, the guest instructor, and was completed in less than two hours as a demonstration. He is a very gifted artist and gracious teacher. It has been such a treat to watch each artist individually capture the soul of this magnificent region.




[photos by Sean Patrick McArdle]

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow. SUch a stunning painting!! Very talented artist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing. And...it makes me want to go flamenco dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. It sounds like you are having an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two hours?! I would die of happiness if I could ever get a painting to that stage in two hours. I wish I were at that workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you~ I love hearing about your trip step by step. You are living our dream~ This painting is beautiful.
    xox's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how gorgeous! I love the colors and the layers of texture. Love the brushstrokes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This painting is stunning!

    I didn't get to go to Spain when I visited Europe, but I'm DYING to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beyond fabulous. What a talent. SO, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I'm very jealous. What a great workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. How come I have zero artistic talent? Some people have all the luck...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE portraits and this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous ... what I wouldn't give to be doing the same thing you guys are doing there !

    XOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this!

    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your dreamy thoughts with me.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails