Monday, May 2, 2011

Nuts


I've always been nuts for nuts.  They are the perfect snack.  Satiating a rumbling belly in no time flat.  One of my go-to favorites is toasted almonds and plump raisins sprinkled with Himalayan sea salt that I discovered here.  And just the other day, I made a quick aperitif pairing of Rosemary Cashews.  Beware, whatever bowls you might fill with these nibbles will be empty before you know it.  

Rosemary Cashews
{adapted from Ina Garten}

1 pound roasted unsalted cashews
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary 
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
Spread the cashews out on a sheet pan.  Toast in the oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, sugar, salt, and butter.  
Toss the warm cashews with butter mixture and serve warm.


[Reverie-Daydream Image]

17 comments:

  1. Delicious! I'm off to the shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love cashews, I love rosemary, I'm sure I'm going to love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It's strange, I like nuts but I don't typically think of snacking on them. Maybe I need to keep them out and around a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds divine. the perfect snack indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay... so if i gain a few pounds in the next couple days... i'm going to secretly blame you! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am nuts for nuts as well - and this looks divine. happy monday - happy may!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will make these, thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sound delicious! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was lucky enough to actually get to taste these nuts. They were FABULOUS! Can't wait to make them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I would eat these by the handful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm...those cashews look DIVINE! Get in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know everyone else has said the same thing but seriously?? YUM! Love this recipe Melissa!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mel! How great these would be with cocktails or even as gifts. I definitely will be trying these as I have a big rosemary plant right off my kitchen door. Hope all is very well in wonderful California. I'm really looking forward to being one of your guest bloggers in June.

    Cheers xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMmmmmm . . . the perfect snack! I make similar ones that also have a dash of cayenne. I often give them as Christmas gifts. Your photo is making me hungry, which is not good as it's 1:00 am here! :D

    xo Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Share your dreamy thoughts with me.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails